Saturday, September 9, 2017

Inspired By All the Little Things #63 Featuring Bev Kastman Buenker

Hello! Darnell here to welcome you back to Inspired By All The Little Things after a lovely summer break! First of all, I would like to thank Lesley for this wonderful opportunity to fill in for her so she can enjoy more time with her sweet new baby daughter, Maeley! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!


This week the guest I have invited is ...

I asked Bev to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it? 

The name of my blog is Happy Dance. I guess it's a reflection of my outlook on life. I love the feeling that happiness brings to me and, in turn, to those around me. Making cards does, indeed, make me happy, very happy! In addition to the stamps, inks, papers, and all the other goodies involved with card making, I was delighted to find this incredible community of crafters! My blog made its debut in May of 2012, and I've enjoyed the friends I've made, and the ability to share my creativity with others.

2. What is your style of card making?

My most favorite style of card making would be Clean and Simple (CAS). I love the pop of a color, or an image against all that lovely white space. However, I tailor all my cards to the people I send them to, or if layers are calling my name, I just go with it. If I had to label my style, I guess it would be electic.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?

I'm continually awed by so many card makers. I can't name them all, but a few would be: Anita, Amy, Bobby, Darnell, Hannelie, Jen M., Jen W., Kim S., Leigh, Lynn, Maria, Marybeth, Michele, Natty, Terese, Tracey ... well, you get the idea. It's such a wonderful community, that I often pop over to a gallery, see a card by a card maker whom I haven't 'met' before, and I am inspired all over again!

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

I once saw a graphic in an aquamarine blue and black in a television commercial. The crisp lines and lovely color combination really caught my eye and the next day I made a card with those colors. Inspiration can be found anywhere you look! I do love the sketch challenges, as well as the color and photo challenges. And all those designers out there ... if we stop to think about it, we're beautifully surrounded by crafters who are an inspiration to us with each project they post.

5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

One thing you may not know about me ... This question stumped me, but here's something you may not already know - I make killer pies! All kinds of pies: fruit pies, cream pies, chiffon pies, and ice cream pies. Any kind of pie you can think of in all the world, I can probably make it. In fact, next month, I've got four grandchildren coming over to learn how to make pies with me! Maybe we should start with my yummy chicken pot pie! 
Dinner and dessert all in pie crusts!
[Darnell: And now you know another reason why I love Bev!]

Here is Bev's beautiful card using this week's inspiration! 

The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 

Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs

Sheri Gilson

Silke Ledlow

Wanda Cullen

and one from me ...

Darnell Knauss
We hope you will play along with us!

The linky will close on Friday, September 15, 2017, at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

11 comments:

  1. So excited to have you back after the summer break!! Welcome Darnell and all new DT ladies and welcome back to the rest of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thrilled to see the amazing Bev as guest designer and to see the creations from the DT (New and old!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous inspiration from the DT and congrats to Bev on her guest spot with such a gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have the challenge back! Wonderful projects, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous DT cards and how lovely to learn more about the fabulous Bev too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my word!!! Darnell welcome aboard, and congratulations, too! You will do a bang-up job in this position! You already have invited one of my favorite peeps, who made a fabulous card to inspire us all! LOve playing cards with IBATLT - welcome, and welcome back! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeous creations by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards from everyone! Congrats Darnell - LOVE visiting your blog and now you're here too! Yay, so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A big yahoooooooo for Bev and Darnell!
    Awesome inspiration from the Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome, Darnell ... welcome, Bev (great interview BTW ... yum ... pies!) ... welcome back team! Gorgeous cards from everyone ... so much to inspire us all! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete