Saturday, March 4, 2017

Inspired by all the Little Things #46 featuring Lindsey Larsen

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!

Hey there, Leigh here.
Lesley requested a break while she's preparing to have her baby
and asked me to fill in for her for the next few months.
This week I have invited a friend who I not only
admire as a stamper, but also as a person,
as she is as lovely on the inside as she is on the outside:



I asked Lindsey to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

Occasional Crafting - I started my blog on a whim. It was during some PTI anniversary festivities, and they were hosting tons of challenges.  I'd made cards inspired by challenges before, but never shared them because I didn't have a blog.  Literally just minutes before the midnight deadline I decided to start a blog.  I had no idea what I was doing and frantically tried to think of a name.  Occasional Crafting is what popped into my head because that was the truth...I had a baby and time to craft was a rare occasion.  When I typed the web address I accidentally hit "s" twice...a typo that has always bugged me.  I started my blog in 2012 but have taken huge (like 6+ months) breaks at different times. 

2. What is your style of card making?

I'm on a never ending quest for a cleaner more simplified life, so I am happiest when I stick to a clean and simple card making style. 

3. Who inspires you as a designer?

Who doesn't is probably a better question. I'm inspired by so many people for lots of different reasons. Often I am equally if not more inspired by the card maker as a person than by their cards.  I guess I just love to surround myself with good, uplifting people and the fact that they share a similar crafty love is a huge bonus. :)

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? 
Sketches? Other designers?


Everything!  I'm constantly scribbling ideas and color combinations on scraps of paper or napkins, tearing pages out of magazines (usually children's clothing), and snapping pictures of things I see. 
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

Hmmm...I don't have anything really interesting, so here are a few random things.  I love to try out new recipes, my weakness is buying children's books, I crave salty over sweet 99% of the time, I'm a speech pathologist by trade and still really love learning especially about things related to my field, I wish I was an awesome gardener, and I rarely buy anything right as it is released.  Most often I research and ponder (often for hours) before making a purchase.


Here is Lindsey's card using this week's inspiration!


The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! 
These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! 
I hope you will play along with us this week -- we would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach


LauraJane 


Leigh Penner 


Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs


Sheri Gilson


Silke Ledlow

Wanda Cullen



We hope you will play along with us!

The linky will close on Friday, March 10th at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

6 comments:

  1. Love Lindsey! So glad she's featured. Special little notes about her make her lovely self all the more personal. Can't wait to play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see sweet Lindsey as you guest and learning a bit more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards by the DT and enjoyed the interview with Lindsey!!!! She is such a sweet person and talented card maker and a wonderful choice as GD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed reading bout Lindsey as I admire her creativity greatly. Gorgeous inspiration and fabulous creations, thank you x

    ReplyDelete